What is Family Business Leadership Consulting (FBLC)?
Research indicates that 60% of family businesses collapsed in the second generation, and only 10% of family businesses survived on the third generation. The challenges regarding family businesses’ survival are getting hard day by day due to the increasing size of a family, which heavily affects the dynamics of Family-Owned Businesses (FOBs). Family Business Leadership Consulting (FBLC) by Jibran Bashir Leadership Institute not just focused on the business but a family business system, which involves taking into account the three dimensions 1) family 2)ownership, 3)business, and how they interrelate. FBLC is based on Jibran’s defined 4Cs experiential process, which he developed and used by him and his team of consultants during multiple consulting assignments for FOBs.
4Cs Process of FBLC
Collection of Information
Assess the issues & understand the family, its ownership and business
Case Study Writing (Optional)
Write As is Picture of Family and Family Business Issues to create the understating of internal complex matters for all family business leaders
1. Form a Family Task Force for Family Constitution Development
2. Start and Execute the Process of Family Constitution
3. Produce a Detailed Document of the Family Constitution
4. Communicate the Family Constitution to Family Member
Coaching for Family Business Leaders
1. Coach the current Family Business Leaders to act more “leader-like” and focus on what matters most in their family businesses
2. Next Generation Leadership Coaching